Monday, April 19, 2010

home-making

This weekend we worked on some floors for our tipi. Adam and I gathered wood chips from up the hill, and leveled out the ground inside the tipi. We got some sweet subfloor left over from DA's old dance studio, sort of pallets, yellow pine. Wicked awesome. We laid four down, then Adam cut the remaining two with a chainsaw (watch those screws!) and we filled in the remaining odd spaces. Sort of like a jigsaw puzzle. It still needs work, but it's pretty level. And it really changes the space, makes it feel brighter and more like a home.










2 comments:

  1. DA dance floors???? I want!!!! (Honey, can you get me some DA dance floors too?)

    Looks gorgeous! I'd love to dance- I mean sleep in a tipi like that! Getting close to that romantic faerie tent idea those girls were having. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kerrie! (It's Kerrie, right?)

    ReplyDelete